- Everyone within 30 meters of the machine, especially all operators, MUST wear safety equipment (safety glasses, ear muffs, gloves etc.)
- Stick to the maintenance schedules of the wood chipper and ensure that all the bolts are tightened as specified in the Tomcat Owner’s Manual.
- Never reach into a gravity feed wood chipper with your hands. Rather use a stick or switch the machine off.
- Never get rushed with a wood chipper when operating or performing maintenance. This will only result in injury.
- Never leave your machine unattended while running. Stay in range of all feed control and shut down devices.
- Never stand in front of the discharge chute as the chips are blown at a high speed and can seriously injure someone.
- Never allow anyone to get near the PTO shaft while the machine is operational.
- Never open the drum area while the drum is still spinning. Make sure the drum comes to a complete stop first.
- Never open the discharge chute of the wood chipper while operating. Make sure the chute is always closed and locked with the safety pin & R-clip.
- Never allow children near a running wood chipper even when the chipper is switched off.
Monday, 22 October 2012
10 General Safety Guidelines/Tips for Wood-Chipper Operators:
Posted by foxylady at 04:40